Search This Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

I have begun to start practicing again and it is not going too well. My insecurity piece is coming along nicely but the one liners are not doing as well. I read an article by a famous comedian about how to write jokes and I learned a couple of pointers that I think will definitly improve my jokes. The main pointer that I learned was to mainly write concise jokes. I already knew that but an important lesson I learned was simply about the punch line. Even if it messes up the grammatical structure of the sentence, the punch line must (must) be at the end of the sentence in order to build up the suspense as well as the laugh. Also, once you say a joke, any joke for that matter, you should always follow it up with two extra jokes that builds onto the initial laugh. This will convince the audience that you're just improvising which will only make them laugh harder.

1 comment:

  1. You are so funny. I love that you're working on it because you're naturally funny and it's cool that you're bringing that out even more. It seems like you're having a little stage fright but you got this! Just practice in front of a group of your friends to release the timidness and you will eventually get used to it. Practice makes perfect. I can't wait for your presentation!

    ReplyDelete