Search This Blog

Saturday, October 25, 2014

Life can be so hard sometime. Like you don't understand. The older you get, the harder life gets. Especially when one tries to overachieve and take like, I don't know, 6 AP classes. Not that I'm the smartest or the most hard working, but I'm certainly working a lot harder than I was hoping to. So what am I trying to say? I don't even know, because I am making this a lot harder than it has to be. The comedian thing seems to be the same sometimes, and it saddens me to no end. These comedians on TV make it seem so easy, but whenever I try to do the same, it never works out. The bad thing is that I always remember it, too. I don't know. I'm getting a lot of jitters for my upcoming performance, if indeed there will be one. Maybe the problem is that I'm considering failure, but I already have a solution that does not involve performing which just builds onto my initial jitters. Ugh, I wanna cry. Maybe its my time of the month, to be sad and mope around (lol sorry).
I have done work, however. I want to succeed, oh so very bad, but sometimes it seems as if no matter how much I try, I just won't get there. Maybe I should just publish an original joke every week on my blog and see what people think? Maybe people will be nicer on the internet than in real life (a concept unheard of). I think I'm going to throw away my insecurity piece, because although it is done, I just think it is a little amateur and stereotypical. I really wanna write these one liners. These one liners are my ultimate goal, and I only have a couple that I like. This week, I began to experiment with memes. Not the popular ones because they've all been done before, but just regular pictures of people I know with funny captions which I think are working out for me. I just wish I knew how I could incorporate them into my act, but any comedy is practice, I guess.
What am I going to do next week? I'm going to write 20 jokes (at least), 10 of which are under one theme.


19 comments:

  1. http://www.bbc.com/news/entertainment-arts-29739883

    I gotchu Ashish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awn Ashish, I think you are taking slow steps towards your goal but I feel like you will get there. I like the idea of you posting jokes on here every week and seeing the responses you get from your peers. Well professionals always make everything look easy and that is the most difficult part; being able to differentiate yourself from them. I was having the same problem as you and I actually still do, but give it time. Slow and steady wins the race LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. ASHISH! As your friend, I am saying this with as much love as possible... STOP BEING SO NEGATIVE. You are one of the funniest friends I have and you do not give yourself enough credit for being so funny. Build up your confidence and you will be set. I know it's hard but easy ways to build up your confidence is to just be comfortable with what you're doing. If you have a true passion for something you wouldn't be afraid to express it. I think you just need to do some more research and gain inspiration so that you can gain that confidence to lead you to success. As weird as this may be, maybe you should get on Tumblr and check out blogs where people post/reblog hilarious stuff. This could help you! I don't know, maybe reflect on some conversations you've had with your friends where you have laughed your butt off and just try to incorporate that into your stand up act. I know you can do this, be confident!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Aw Ashish! Just reading your blog made me laugh so hard! U could try to do a bit using like a not-lame powerpoint to help guide you along. And yeah, I feel you on how senior year is hard as poop, pardon by French. You don't even get your "time of the month" so consider yourself lucky. And as for the crying part, go for it. You saw how I completely lost it in Gov today. You may feel like crap, but it helps to let out so you can think clearer. Don't worry about anything, because somehow, everything works out in the end. Don't ask me how, but God takes care of it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ay Ashish your blog posts are so funny and I think they reflect your own voice as well as this project. And clearly since you're already naturally funny, it's commendable that you're putting so much effort into honing this talent into something perform-able. I have no doubt that you will be able to accomplish your goals and I wish that I could be in your class period to see you present your final presentation (b/c i'm sure it will be hilarious). And it's perfectly okay to feel stressed or inadequate. I think that most of us feel this way about something and it only means that we have the drive to get better at that thing. Good luck with everything.
    (Also, the brown phoenix? classy)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ashish! I laughed out loud just reading your blog post! It made me really sad that you're doubting yourself so much! You are one of the funniest people I know! And I know I'm one of those people that laughs at literally everything (even samir's stupid jokes) but you are genuinely very funny! Don't over think comedy. You're funniest when you're not trying to be funny. I think posting jokes on here and getting feedback from peers, i'll definitely be following your blog throughout your journey!
    best of luck :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. reading your post made me laugh for real. I find it really cool to try someting like being a comedian , not many people have the takent to be funny, but i think you will be a good one. School is really a struggle, especially senior year, they lied to me when they said it is fun and that it is the easiest year of high school ,haha, i think they were exaggerating, but on the other hand it is fun to laugh and make jokes, and i really love to laugh and release all the stress and pressure, so will be looking forward to hear some funny jokes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. As somebody for whom comedy, in all its forms, holds a special place in my heart, I hope you find your confidence in your craft. I can definitely empathize with both your senior stress and your insecurity about your work. Still- there's almost always plenty of laughter coming out of that corner of the classroom, and even if I'm almost never paying attention when it happens, I'm sure it has to come from somewhere! Heck, just look at the outpouring of support already on your blog here; I think there's more comments here than anywhere else I've seen so far. And for you especially, I think the stress is plenty normal- we've seen time and time again in recent history how some of the funniest people can also be some of the most tragic. Humor, for some, is a bit of a coping method; while I don't know you well enough personally to say anything about your life, I can at least say that, no matter how good or bad you're feeling or how low you feel, you can always bring a smile or a laugh to somebody else if you try. Good luck on your project, Ashish! I hope you find your spark!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Honestly, Ashish you could be a comedian if you put your mind to it. But lets be real, your parents wouldn't allow that. The minute you say something about being a comedian other than being a doctor or an engineer you would get a long lecture on career goals. I feel like one day that funny personalty will help you get a really good job in whatever career path you choose. Also I cant wait till your presentation because I feel like its going to be a full on stand up comedy show. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Bro, just by reading your blog post, I know that you can definitely pull this comedian thing off. You just need to take the initiative and try to perform somewhere. Honestly, if you can make your make your blog posts so entertaining, I doubt any of your scripts are boring. I looked up the comedian you wrote about, and he is actually very good. He's a good person to take inspiration from, and I agree that the one-liners will help your acts. Good luck broski.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ashish! Stop being so pessimistic and doubting your abilities to be funny! You're one of the funniest people I know, and I laughed out loud multiple times while reading this. I was also really sad that you didn't perform at Coffeehouse when you came. I think you should be more confident in your abilities; you'd be a great comedian and it's awesome that your project is on a topic that fits you so well. You should think about coming to the next Coffeehouse and perform some stand up comedy there. It's on December 11 (I think).

    ReplyDelete
  12. Man, Ashish, your blog posts are so funny already. I don't have any doubt about the success of your performance; it will be amazing. It's certainly something to be nervous about, but you're just naturally funny, so you're going to be fine. This is a pretty great project all in all. I'm glad you're taking that leap into a live performance, too, because it seems like a real indication of your dedication (that sounds pretty cheesy). Good luck, bro.

    ReplyDelete
  13. All these comments are saying one thing, and I'm gonna say it too. Don't be so hard on yourself. Talking in front of people is hard but you can definitely do it. I would love to see and support you at your live performance

    ReplyDelete
  14. Ashish, dude, you're one of the funniest people I've ever met. You have the personality to be a wildly successful stand up comedian. If you can make people laugh as hard as you've been making me laugh whenever we've had a class together since middle school, you'll be in fantastic shape for your performance, whenever and to whomever it may be. It's normal to have jitters, but as soon as you get into your character after telling the first few jokes, you'll have the whole audience rolling like Aziz Ansari himself. Who knows, maybe one day a few years from now I'll be sitting in my dorm watching TV and I'll see your name pop up on the screen after the words "Comedy Central Presents..."

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ashish this is so great. I'm so impressed by the work you're putting forth in your classes and by the fact that you still have time for this. I'm in 5 AP classes and I don't understand how you do 6. Keep working with the comedy, because you're hilarious, dude.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ashish, even your blog posts are funny! Don't be discouraged! I think you're well on your way! Try to use your AP struggles for humor, because it's definitely something we all relate to!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Ashish, I think you are a very funny person at heart and that you have what it takes to be a comedian. Don't let people discourage you; who cares what they think? As long as you enjoy it, go for it! I'm sure a lot of people will find you to be a good comedian. As for the others, haters are gonna hate right? Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  18. You really sound like you're struggling with the difficulty of coming up with jokes and making them work. Comedy shouldn't be saddening, it should be something natural and relaxed. I think you may be trying too hard. You're a funny guy, you really are, so relax a little and let your comedic creativity just flow. Live life, and if anything funny happens, write it down. Many comedians with children just wait for their kids to do something funny, and they just write it down. A lot of comedy is just sharing moments of your life, and laughing at them with others. Don't be too hard on your self, and relax a little. Comedy is supposed to be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Comedy is finding humor in pressures of reality. Like all art, comedy is drawn in struggle. The thing is not the struggle itself, but instead how you respond to it. And in that respect, you are a master - even if unintentionally. Let's face it: your antics in physics are the only things keeping me - and everyone else - awake. Just because challenges present themselves doesn't mean that you should face the head on and get crushed by the magnitude. A little levity and diversion is good. So, its times like this that both require and inspire comedy. Embrace your struggle transfigure into something more entertaining.

    ReplyDelete